View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #446 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Jacked the car up to level out the ride heights.

Twice.

So the front ride height adjustment isn't quite 1:1. This is, I think, a function of the motion ratio not being as close to 1.0 as it could be.

So I lowered the total coilover length by 3cm, but it lowered the car by around 5cm. Meaning the top of the tire was almost touching the inside of the wheel well.

Soooooo, yeah. That will never do.

Jacked it back up, raised the coilover back up 2cm, which raised the car, you guessed it, 3.5cm.

... so not only is the adjustment not 1:1, its not even very linear.

Anyway, by happy coincidence, it got me exactly where I need to be, so I didn't have to do it a third time.

I'm now running the following heights, measured from the reference plane (the ground) to the center point (the high point) of the wheel arch.

Front: 68.5cm
Rear: 69.5cm