View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by derraj06 View Post
So as an update. I have not received any I rings from the company.

In fairness I did inform the Brand Ambassador Tyler that I would not be keeping their product on my car. I have received a replacement from Z1 and it will be going on the car tomorrow morning. I have not received any communication from them since.

The shop put another slightly smaller o ring in the car and fired the engine. It will run but it needs more monitoring to know what's going on.

I should have the part tomorrow along with the full report from the dealer. I will post pictures of the part before it gets shipped back to amazon.

My guess is it was a misassembly at their factory and I would be cautious of trusting it is assembled correctly in the future. I probably should have taken it apart to inspect it but instead I chose to install the part how it came out of the box.
Did they happen to mention what, if anything they were going to do if the failure of their part resulted in a dead motor down the line? Are you going to have to make a public stink about it before any action is taken on their end?