View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #21 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
I guess I can only say piston rings then, maybe valve. The vacuum increase at high revs could be sucking oil into the chamber. Under wot you should have a lot of bow by but since you don't go wot 24/7 you're probably not seeing a big drop in oil or filling the catch can up fast. At this point I'd go buy a compression kit from autozone for like $40 and test the cylinders and see what you get. The manual should post a range for healthy motors.
There is next to no vacuum under WOT so its not sucking oil by the piston ring neither by the valve seal at WOT
you would see it when he was revving up his engine .. only when he released the gas pedal that by the time the un-burn oil travel to the exit we were seeing blue smoke which is during vaccum created by releasing the gas pedal which close the TB & VVEL.

the exhaust gas was relatively clear when he was actually revving the engine.

what is more prone to wear , rubber or piston ring ? anyway valve stem seal are a common problem. there is no sign on that video that show the piston ring to be defective.