View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
kfull
Track Member

Drives: A lot
kfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurnon View Post
Wont void warranty by any means. This isnt "Flashing/Tuning/Messing" with the engine at all. Its simply removing all of the computers stored learning of your previous driving habits. For example if you have the 7AT and shift in manual mode at 2500 everytime, then reset the ECU and shift at 4000 everytime, throw it back into "D", and the car will shift automatically for you at 4000rpm because thats what the computer thinks you want to shift at.

At least, thats my take on it all. The harder you drive after ECU reset, the more the car comes alive. Just my opinion. It could all be in my head, but who cares.

RESET ECU alternative method
Yea I looked at a few threads, sounds like there are a couple different methods to do it involving disconnecting the negative battery terminal and then a few other steps. Sounds like the procedure for it is in the manual. il have to check it out later tonight. I can probably benefit from resetting it considering I have an FI CBE and the drop ins. The drop ins I consider 1/2 a breathing mod. So I have 1.5 breathing mods which I don't NEED a tune for but this ecu reset might be perfect.