View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
I recently traded my '09 for a '13. One thing I was curious about was what the "euro-tuned" shocks hype was all about. After driving my old Z 1.5 hours to the dealer and then test driving the '13, I've gotta say, the '13 suspension felt much more flat w/ less body roll. The feeling inspired instant confidence, but at the same time I notice that it was more difficult to sense the limits of traction. This was probably due to unfamiliarity.

After having the car for about a week now and conquering speed bumps, road work, back roads and wet roads, I am very impressed by the change. Not subtle, but not BAM in your face, it left me saying, "this is what I always wanted the stock suspension to feel like."

I'm know there are a few others that switched from the 09-12 to the '13 who can attest to this. I looked around and found nothing comparing the 2 suspensions, so I hope this helps distinguish the differences between the 2.
As far as body roll, sounds like they changed sway bar specs.

Measurements of the stock bars would be telling, in that regard.