View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roplusbee View Post
I like the fact that you are actually doing your own research and not just blindly listening to what a manufacturer/builder is telling you. Since GTM is doing the work, you could have then test it with one of there 2.5" or 3" systems. That would give you a good indication of what you want without having to take a hit.
I appreciate the advice. I'm not sure if they keep their exhaust systems on the shelf. But I did ask them to do a comparison between the HFC and resonator on my Y pipe. If there is no change, the Tanabe is my restriction point. If there is a change, is the exhaust still holding back top end performance? It's all theory and speculation now until I see roller results which hopefully is in the next week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut_N_Much View Post
Had to make the tips fit the Zele Kit. Its non-resonated 3 inch. That car now has a Zele Exhaust on it.. I'm supposed to pick it up this weekend but I had to go out of town. I intended to put FI tips on it and sell it. Would be a lot easier and cheaper to just sell as is. I wanted to install it on mine but I don't make enough boost to justify a 3 inch, I would loose HP with it.

Holy crap thats a huge oil cooler..
Ah, yeah I remember seeing that post. It was a good buy. But yes, you will lose some bottom end with that exhaust. Can't go wrong with 3" and turbo, not so much with SC's. Maybe on a built motor and using C30-94's lol.

Lol, yes, that oil cooler is pretty beefy. I hate to get rid of it The real trick is finding it a new home that will put it to good use.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote