View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Looking for some aftermarket drilled/slotted rotors for the sport model. I have found some that are Zinc plated. What caught my eye is how nice the zinc plating makes them look. But Im wondering how this makes them feel/handle.

Anyone use these or know if there is another material that is better with the same appearance as zinc?

Suggestions on a good slotted/drilled 14" rotor set that has the bright finish?
Zinc plating on the friction surface will be gone before you finish bedding the pads.

Zinc plating on the parts that don't get rubbed will keep them from looking "rusted" for longer.

So to answer your first question, it will affect the feel precisely zero.

Painting them is about the only other way to make them pretty like that, care must be taken to only paint the hub and edges of the rotor though, you don't want paint on the swept area.