View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

I decided to post my private PM I received today, to share with everybody that want a tip about how to tune their car with the 7AT. *Torque Management*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumango
Hi,

Sorry to intrude. I have been reading your posts and I am wondering if you can help. I just had my 7AT 370Z tuned. It made about 15WHP and 20NM gains. On the road, when I was driving it hard (WOT) in manual mode, I notice that the car jerks pretty hard during upshifts. Do you have the same issue?

Please advise.

Thanks!
No problem, I don't mind helping peoples with their car if I feel that I can give a good diagnostic.

I will pretend you haven't tuned the Torque Management Table under Uprev.The torque management table is displayed in Newton meters at the crank.((Disregard the low BFS which show a negative number !)) This table absolutely will NOT effect the way the engine runs, Only the tranny.

The only reason you should have to make any changes is if you're running forced induction and the transmission is slipping.
But since you tuned your car which picked up some Power/Tq.

You could go in torque management table to tune the WOT area to how much you get then smooth it down to mid throttle (12-14BFS) depending how the tranny act while light driving.
Becareful because the table can go as high as 29.96BFS. stock you should go as high as 21-22 max depending on your mods.

What I use to do is based on my dynosheet, I would add like 17% (drivetrain loss estimate) to my Torque management table...

example , on the dynosheet 265 Tq at 5000 rpm
add 17% = 310tq at the crank , converted to NM = 420.3

so at 5000rpm @ wot ( around 21-22BFS ) I would put 4203 in the Table.

edit; while we are at it, the tranny needs some time to relearn the new parameter. well it was on mine ... but after a few pull it should be better.

Last edited by Megan370z; 07-22-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote