View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #215 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
This is the only car I have ever owned that warps the rotors every several hundred to several thousand miles like clockwork.

2011 C6 Z06
1993 Crown Vic
2002 G20
2001 WS.6
1995 Trans AM
1988 Mustang GT

You telling me the 370Z with sport package is the most fragile of these in the braking department? Half of the damn product manual shows it on a literal racetrack, and one full page is devoted to the craptastic brakes.
I don't see anything on that list that can really be compared?

I'll go through the list so you can know what I mean:

2011 C6 Z06
- Laaaarge swept area 4 pot caliper, peak heat per square inch not as high as the Z, not using super compressible organic/ceramic pad to reach "artificially high" peak coefficient of friction like the Z's stock pads.
1993 Crown Vic
- large shitty single pot caliper, peak heat much lower because the coefficient of friction isn't even in the same universe
2002 G20
- small shitty single pot caliper, see above
2001 WS.6
- large shitty two pot, see above
1995 Trans AM
- large shitty single pot (maybe two pot) caliper, see above
1988 Mustang GT
- large shitty single pot, see above