View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
mike are yours SAE (inflated) numbers?

i've gone through countless build threads and dyno threads but your numbers just seem "too" high. i've seen multiple people with many different brands of headers who are a lot lower HP than what you have listed.

i'm not trying to sound like i'm calling you a liar. i'm just curious as to how with very similar mods plus headers you are 20HP or so higher than me.
his 342 is STD number which are higher than SAE.

I will let Mike speak about about this but I will still add my small opinion on this.
that number of 342whp STD is plausible and when he shared his number with us, I did a research with others known high number on the forum (similar mods).

its all depend what component you have and the tuner.
I know when he got his 342.. Z1 had access to the Uprev beta for the VVEL adjustability , they did said they played with this . but gain were very limited.

also remember his Z is 6MT instead of 7At like yours, should have a few whp different right there.

the trick is to not have a too big exhaust like double 70mm as example from what I gathered.
Mike was smaller if I remember correctly.