View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #342 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I've been running mine to 8200 fairly regularly on the track for the last two years. No problems yet (fingers crossed).
The tach seems to accelerate from redline to 8000 almost instantly though, but the engine isn't. The needle just seems to jump once it passes redline.
Having blown my VVEL then the Oil pump 200kms later ,, I wouldn't be afraid to still rev that high (8000rpm) ! .. as long as my Accusump is activated and the engine helped by some baffles I made in the oil pan !

my engine failure was caused by spinning out which included a tankslapper.

as far as getting into the 8200. There isn't an issue with the intake valve spring since they are pretty stiff and unfortunately cant be ordered alone!!!!! . but the problem is on the exhaust side which I wouldnt go much higher than 8000rpm agressively and risking to float the valve.

The VHR exhaust valve spring are the same as the Int.Ext on the HR from the measurement Ive done and also recording to the FSM.