View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #280 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
I've been anxiously waiting to hear this thing... PPE's and F.I. should sound intense. I wanna go and measure my PPE's now lol, everything lined up perfect on mine, but of course my MD Y pipe has flex couplers.
You and me both...

Yeah, I dunno what PPE's process control is like, but it's pretty bad when they're off by this much.

Crazy part is, we sent them back to have the header nuts clearanced (couldn't even tighten down the nuts due to welds being too fat) and to have this issue addressed. They came back with the nut issue fixed and the collector was maybe a quarter inch closer to "right" than it started, but the cost of shipping them back and forth was so huge that we just leveraged the old exhaust on there (it had flex pipes) and called it "good enough".

Well the FI exhaust has no flex pipes and its made of very strong materials..meaning it doesn't flex. At all.

Thinking to get my fabricator guy to cut and re-weld that one pipe is going to be more cost effective than throwing a flex pipe or two at it.. we'll see.