View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #274 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Long day...

Well, I got the engine bay re-assembled.

Hit some really frustrating road blocks that prevented me from firing her up.

First, I can't get the steering shaft back into the collar... Just wouldn't go in. Anyone have any tips on that? heh.

Second, my shiny new Fast Intentions exhaust doesn't fit.

It isn't their fault, it's PPE's fault. My driver's side header sits about an inch lower than the passenger side (which is at the correct height).

Modifying the header is out of the question, so I'll be taking that section of the exhaust to get a couple flex pipes installed in it so that I can wrangle it into position.

I took the cockpit-side parts of the steering apart so that you can literally look from the driver's foot well into the engine bay and see the steering collar, so hopefully when my buddy comes over, the two of us can get the damned shaft to go in.

If I can get that taken care of and the exhaust sorted, i'll be ready to fill'er up with coolant and fire it up...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20130609_005.jpg (336.8 KB, 1142 views)