Thread: Nismo or boss ?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #259 (permalink)
Spikuh
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370z
Spikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I can't recall anyone saying the mustang cant handle cuz it's an LA/SRA???? All i remember most saying is IRS is a superior design. From there it seemed "some" mustang fanboys got titty hurt. I can't remember who in this thread anyone saying the ford can't handle cuz of SRA?

Insecurity reigns supreme in this forum.
It is the blanket statement that IRS > SRA that is problem. But there are also some statements that say "mustang can't handle because SRA".

Quote:
Originally Posted by /Angelo350Z/ View Post
I've ran my 350Z on the Nurburgring more than a hundred times. Honestly, there's no way a car with a solid axle will be as quick as something with independent rear suspension, same weight, similar suspension modifications, and driver skill. Still, I wanted to know what m4a1mustang had to say about the Mustang. I never drove a car with a solid axle on the Nordschleife, but I have on the Autobahn. Honestly, it's really not the same. The elevation changes and entry speed on the Nurburgring will definitely cause a problem for a stock Mustang, or any other car with a stick axle. Not all race tracks are flat.
Here is an example of where you are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
Well said. Test drivers make the Mustang's look much better than they are. Applies to any street car of course. That being said the suspension and lack of quality overall keep me out of US performance cars. I had 2 Corvette's and a Z28 earlier in life. Rattle traps and lack of quality. No thanks. Performance sure. Life and driving are much more than that.

Uneven pavement at speed in a turn will bring a Mustang to life in a bad way catching many out!
Another example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
I'll agree with you on that. I do not understand the musle car comparisons either.

If I want straight line power I go for the Mustang, Firebird, Camaro or Vette. Especially if I'm going to gut it. Who cares about the interior then?

If I want tossability I'll go with the Z. The Vette with magnetic ride is close but, it is so much bigger that it's not as nimble as the Z or transitions as well in my opinion. However, I have not had both at the same road course ever.
The competition mode on the Vette might make a difference on the track. However, on the street I'll take the Z every time for ease of use, getting around and parking situations. Those big doors on American Muscle suck.
This indirectly implies it based on his previous posts in the thread. But mostly, it is just a blanket statement about American vehicles in general so YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scope22 View Post
it only doesn't matter on the track, try to take a corner on a bumpy street and see what happens...
And here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scope22 View Post
maybe cuse you know better, ie slow down through curves ect...i've driven T/As for many years and and i bought a Z because I was tired of slowing down before each turn
Here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic View Post
Or just go for a car with with an IRS suspension which everyone in this thread has already admitted is the superior solution.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by /Angelo350Z/ View Post
Perhaps on a flat track where the differences are negligible. Try racing on a track with a lot of elevation changes and you'll definitely feel the difference (the Nordschleife, especially the Karussell corner comes to mind).
And I think I will stop here. Someone on Page 4 for me.
Spikuh is offline   Reply With Quote