View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraholic View Post
That's kinda why I'm wondering if you can use some of the bottom end parts off the LSx engine on the VK56, being the measurements are very very close. (Hope I'll find out soon),

as for the top end, I believe the engine I'm getting is the VK56VD. That being the case, I won't need to do much for the top end except maybe stiffer springs. The VVEL ranges from 0 - 280 degrees of cam timing, and if you tweak the "magic screw" you can get 300 degrees with 12.5mm of lift, which is more than enough to feed it to 9000rpm if that is your hearts desire.

I think the only trick will be the direct injection. They supply enough fuel for 420hp,, but if you wanted say 600 or so,, I wonder if they could handle it, or is there an aftermarket for it.
Where is this magic screw you talk of?

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote