View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #163 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Not sure if I ever mentioned it on this forum or not.., and it doesn't apply to the VQ at all but is interesting none-the-less... Some years back I used to only build vipers. The factory race viper called the "competition coupe" had a oil pickup kit that we would order to install on street vipers converted to race duty.

It was a swinging pickup! It had a little rudder build into the pickup head and a swivel joint at the top of the tube. It would follow the oil around inside the pan! Pretty trick although I always wondered how many years it would last until it seized up. The viper engine has the worst oil pan setup a racer could ask for as it has a massive floor plan and very shallow... With no room to go down due to ground clearance.
At one point in my life. I drag raced Mopars. That swinging pick-up has been around since the late '60's. I've used it.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote