View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #4201 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I would have told him immediately that I already had plans to be out of town. If the server status affects your vacation time, then you may be screwed either way. But to me, the hardest decision is how to tell your boss you won't be doing anything with him or work this weekend. ZDayZ no question

We have a small, 3-drive RAID 5 and keep a spare drive on hand I can't wait until these prone-to-fail-spectacularly mechanical hard drives have gone the way of the dodo I want a 5 TB SSD
Join the club! lol.

The largest of my arrays has 146 disks in it. We don't have failures very often, but when they do happen in the middle of the night, it's usually half way rebuilt on a hotspare before I wake up to read the alert email anyway.

Haven't had any of the big NL-SAS drives fail yet thank GOD *KNOCK ON WOOD*, those will surely take for freakin ever to rebuild.

Last edited by Sh0velMan; 05-08-2013 at 09:05 AM. Reason: PHRASING!