View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischhorn View Post
If I snug down one side, I have to move the opposite side over almost a full inch to get the other bolts to line up on the other side. If my Z1 pipes show up by Thursday, I'm going to try to tackle this again.

My main concern is that with the kink in the exhaust I'm losing power. A LOT of power on the top end. 15whp to be exact since I use to make power all the way up to 8k and now my powerband plateaus at 6.8k. I went to get a retune after I swapped from CNT exhaust to litespeed and I highly doubt the exhaust itself is causing the loss as most people seem to have no issues with it and I didn't realize the kink was so bad till I looked over it again.
Dude, hate to say it, but I don't think an exhaust kink would result in that kind of top end fall off. A greatly reduced flow capacity would, however...

Wasn't the CNT a true dual with an X pipe?