View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #35 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

I still can't fathom how enough water gets inside the area where the filter is housed to cause issues. The Nismo intakes I have put the filter in the exact same location, I've never once had water issues, even when I ditched the plastic pieces that keep water and whatnot from flying directly in to the filter from the radiator opening. I even had freakin scoops funneling air (and water and whatever else) from the radiator opening to the filters and never had any issues, even while driving in anger in the rain.

Maybe stop spraying your filters with high-pressure water?

If you're getting down in there enough to get the filter wet enough to cause issues, you're gonna be getting water on just about any CAI you could buy, so you should probably think about the K&N or JWT intakes and save yourself the trouble.

Last edited by Sh0velMan; 05-07-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Sh0velMan is offline   Reply With Quote