View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Let me be blunt here. Imagine you are trying to do this install yourself. Read up on the horrors of a header install, the demon bolt, etc. Now imagine getting it all torn apart and you are putting it back together. You notice that your exhaust no longer aligns with your cats that you just bolted up to the header. I wouldn't waste my time with a shorty header with only one exception. Hint: Megan is not it.

The Z comes stock with tubular headers, the flow very well and gains are minimal over most comparable short headers. I don't suggest the upgrade with Megan headers. If you do the work yourself, and you feel you won't commit suicide if they don't fit perfectly after you get them in there, feel free. If someone else is installing, it's not worth the price for the minimal gains. If you want gains, go long tubes.

Edit: LMFAO DE, damn near verbatim

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote