Thread: Sport Package?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDepp View Post

What character would it be? Reference

I believe the VIN is coded like any other manufacturing serial number: It's a blank number linked to a product during manufacturing. Once production is complete, the VIN would be released to a database holding all the information about the car (trim, color, options, etc). Which could be why DE5.0's Maxima would be off if a salesperson or tech went in and checked some option or changed it on when they shouldn't have.
I am not sure which part of the VIN represent what model/package the z is. But I think dealership can pull the vehicle information out of the database by VIN and order the right parts for your car. For example if my exhaust pipe got bent and needed to get replaced, they will order the nismo exhaust not the regular exhaust for me and all they need is the VIN.
forza370z is offline   Reply With Quote