Thread: Megan Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #145 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy535 View Post
Custom 3" right?

How did you bore your throttle bodies for it?
Yup, mandrel bent start at 3'' that goes to a reducer down to 63.5mm for the MAF sensor then after, it gets streched to 2 3/4'' to the Throttle body.

There is a long straight after the bent that goes up to the TB and MAF sensor to help keeping a laminar flow and not turbulent like what I have seen on some aftermarket CAI.

There is ofcourse cutting to do and bending tabs. simiar to when you install the Stillen Ver3 CAI.
It wasnt made for look, the black paint that I sprayed on it 2 years ago is all scrached over.
there isnt any bracket support since 2x Tie-wrap was good enough with rubber pads to avoid rubbing. ( I used cutted hose as pads)
I cant provide any PCV tubing since I had to reuse my original part for the OEM intake.

The TB is best to be ported to 62.5mm as its 60mm from the factory.
I recommend to do the half shaft cut and an arrow edge on the butterfly plate.

im not expecting to sell the CAI anytime soon, because of the not prettyness and the work involved to make thing run correcty. (tuning)
as I was saying in the beginning was that with similar mods on the same dyno I had around 12whp more than any 6mt/7at
so beleive me or not, im not being a saleman but a normal guy who does his DIY jobs

My asking price for the CAI is 600$ which doesnt include shipping & paypal fee
keep in mind, the CAI as it is shown on the picture costed me 1200$ to be made.

I could sell the whole setup of CAI + ported TB for 1600$ (shipping&paypal fee not included)