View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkraft12 View Post
Auto-X isn't expensive. Just stay in C-Stock and you really don't need anything to be competitive. I recently won my second event with my only mods being K&N air filters and a stillen exhaust. Whoever said the thing about squealing tires being slower is wrong. From what I have learned tires are still slightly below grip threshold when they are squealing. Not sure for slicks though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
A squealing street tire is a happy tire, however it does need to be applied productively. Cranking the wheel more when you have understeer for example usually doesn't help much.

Slicks don't squeal unless you spin, so no, you don't want to be hearing these
I was told along time ago that, "if your tire ain't squealing, you ain't going fast enough!"

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote