View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #57 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
I don't understand why the hate about none end user tune..

Just FYI, dealers of ECUTEK means they are professionals... So when you go to ECUTEK you will know that your car is being tuned by a pro tuner that will put a smile on your face.
I was told that its not easy to be ECUTEK dealer, which made me more excited about it.
lol, from this statement I can tell that one or two things must be true of you:

1) You don't race.
2) You don't know enough about tuning to have any desire to do it yourself.
3) You aren't a "Do it yourself" kind of person.

All of these things are fine, but that's why you don't understand the "hate", as you put it.

Someone like me being told I must take my car to someone else in order to get my tune adjusted rubs me in the wrong way at every level. No one touches my car but me, with a few exceptions (welding, for example). Also, being at someone else's mercy as far as what I do with the tune? Yeah, not going to happen. The first time a "tuner" told me "No, I'm not going to do that in your tune, I know better than you, you'll just have to trust me" I knew I had to have my own cable and software.

Anyway, no hate towards ECUTek, just hope they decide to make their software available to the private individual.