View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #118 (permalink)
gsxr750
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370z man. sport
gsxr750 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLAW View Post
My background is I.T Engineering! and I look and feel and research everything to death!

I can't get out of my head as to why NISSAN pulled HP number from NISMO and IPL to 350HP 348HP with just high flow CBE and tune.

The intakes did not change!

NISSAN has pulled everything they can out of the 3.7L setup! so why on earth do we think an aftermarket business like Stillen or Injen knows best and is able to make more HP then OEM???

If that is the case why does NISSAN pay there engineers $100 per hour to get as much HP as they car? why not just build a setup like Injen or Stillen?

I understand you want that added HP at 6500K but at WOT with OEM, I don't feel anything more or less with the Injen setup just that the Injen and Stillen are louder!!

I took apart my whole intake setup and after looking at it, it's very good design.

So why is the aftermarket setups making more HP or seem to be?

I will be getting my car dyno at Z-days to see my WHP with stock intakes and F.I CBE with tune.
Its true that Nissan probably has the best design intake and exhaust combo , as on the Nismo, most of it is a marketing ploy to get you to shell out the extra $8K for the Nismo over the base model.

Nissan could have put the same parts on the base model, then no one buys the Nismo.

Nissan's hands are also tied by the EPA regs. Aftermarket companies offer their exhausts and intakes with the usual disclaimer that they are for off road use only or track use.

So the aftermarket companies can pull a few extra hp with open flow thru systems.

If you have an out of warranty Z or bought a used one out of warranty , you could play around a lot with the exhaust and intake system and not really worry about anything.

But with a new car under warranty, I wouldn't want to run the risk of voiding the warranty or having to store an old exhaust system and intake system , that I would have to reinstall if I have to take the car in for a warranty related issue. Its simply not worth the BS.

Last edited by gsxr750; 04-03-2013 at 12:59 PM.