View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #95 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLAW View Post
My background is I.T Engineering! and I look and feel and research everything to death!

I can't get out of my head as to why NISSAN was about to get the NISMO and IPL to 350HP 348HP with just high flow CBH and tune.

The intakes did not change!

NISSAN has pulled everything they can out of the 3.7L setup! so why on earth do we think an aftermarket business like Stillen or Injen knows best and is able to make more HP then OEM???

I understand you want that add HP at 6500K but at WOT with OEM I don't feel anything more or less with the Injen setup just that the Injen and Stillen are louder!!

I took about my whole intake setup and after looking at it, it's very good design.

So why is the aftermarket setups making more HP or seem to be?

I will be getting my car dyno at Z-days to see my WHP with stock intakes and F.I CBE with tune.
this is because aftermarket companies are TRYING to get max performance. Nissan just bumps it a but to make you pay extra money for a nismo or IPL.

aftermarket makes more power because that's the point. free up HP that OEM denies.

look at the GTR. intake, exhaust, and a tune and the thing can jump up 100AWHP just by taking away air restrictions.

you say you research this all to death but i feel like you havent. possibly just stuck on the idea OEM is better? i dont know why but you need to realize it's not

i'm not sure now if you're trolling or just stupid at this point.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony