View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 02:43 AM   #642 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
63. Bought my first "toy" when I was 24, a brand new 74 Triump TR6. Had to... I was driving a 71 Marquis Brougham for business and this 19 yr old geek in his Volkswagon stopped me at a light one night and objected to my driving my "father's car" in such a "reckless" manner....give me a break...I was 24...it had a 429 4 barrel....wasn't my fault!@? i did, although, decided he may have a point...I obviously needed a toy. Loved that TR for about 6 months, until my neighbours wife decided to play a joke on me and "steal" my car while I was at work. Dumb "B" didn't realize it was standard and drove it into the concrete wall of my garage....never the same after. Second toy was a 73 Mustang convertible...bought 2 years old... but belonged to "Diamond Lil"....(meant something at the time!#?) Had that for 11 years until "we" needed something that accomodated car seats, and bags of powders and creams, and diapers etc., and 3 cars was apparently not an option. After that I was told that I didn't want another toy. I dutifully accepted this truism until a buddy decided to sell his modded up 99 Miata...had to have that. As it turned out "darling passion flower" was at the time right.....possibly....bad move for old fat guy. But then those bastards at Ford brought out the 2002 T-Bird....Lord give me strength....that was the greatest thing since sliced bread!! Unfortunately by then "no passion prune face" had become somewhat more adamant in her objections to my enjoying myself. After we divorced....I coasted for a while....until the Z....do love that car...just a bit rough around the edges for a fat old guy used to the numbness of a full size SUV...but I can adapt...at least for the summer.....only 5 weeks to go!!!!!
I'm 57 this month. Couple years back. Told the wife. Midlife crisis! Mistress or sports car. Your choice.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote