View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
The question though is, can what he does be made into a kit?
So anyone can go to a good shop, give them this plus instructions and modify the seat.
Whether or not they decide to make it into a kit is something we'll have to see. As with anything, there has to be enough of a demand, and our cars aren't common.
Any good fabricator can do this.

Important notes:
1. I made that post earlier after looking at only the front of the seat at night with only my iphone flashlight to inspect the situation.
2. Today I checked both the front and rear of the rails and noticed that the floor pan is not even. There is a slope going downwards from the transmission tunnel towards the door, which means the rails are different sizes (one will have to be cut more than the other, which would make fabrication a tad more complicated).
3. There isn't as much of a clearance in the rear, which is the main factor in lowering your seat height. The rails sits on top of the floor pan hump (why there's even a damn hump is beyond me, just makes the seat that much higher), so even if it was cut so that the rail is completely leveled and resting on the hump I've only measured just under a 1.25" decrease. So I'm going to throw this up to my shop and see if they have any bright ideas. If that's all you need, then that's great but I'm looking for a 2" minimum drop, ideally 3".

If any of you guys go ahead with this before I do, post the results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3390.jpg (665.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3391.jpg (525.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3392.jpg (559.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3393.jpg (612.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3394.jpg (777.3 KB, 57 views)
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!

Last edited by wdkwang; 02-27-2013 at 05:13 PM.
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote