View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger123 View Post
I just received my Stillen G2 CAI yesterday. I went with the G2 for easier filter cleaning/replacement. Tried to install last night, but was not successful. I ended up putting the stock CAI back on after two hours of install. I am not a mechanic by any means but it really didn't look that hard. I had a heck of a time. Issues I encountered were as follows.

1. Didn't realize you have to relocate the small fuse box on driver side engine bay. Stillen supplies some Velcro to reattach low and to the right of Shield. This seemed to me to be a cheap way out. I mean it just is connected with Velcro? They couldn't come up with something better?

2. On the passenger side of the engine, I could not get the breather tube to align perfectly straight. It would completely bend once placing the Shield in place up front?

3. The instructions supplied by Stillen had illustration for the Infinity G37. Understand they are the same engine, however it would have been nice to see them specifically for the 370Z.

4. I did not remove the strut tower bar and Cowl as I am not comfortable doing so. I do know enough to realize it would help to remove these in order to get at everything without any obstruction.

Anyone else had any issues installing the G2? Would appreciate if anyone can advise if easy or not to remove strut tower bar and Cowl. Any shortcuts for removing and reinstalling the Cowl. I understand they can be quite sensitive and prone to breaking.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciate. I really want to get these installed. Thanks.
I'm really not trying to be rude, but if you aren't comfortable with removing the strut brace, you should just take it somewhere and have someone else install the intake.

It'll save you a lot of head and heart aches.