View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #197 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawl128 View Post
If I can chime in on the Oil Cooler discussion. As far as "over-cooling" is concerned - Z1 Motorsports in there Oil Cooler kit warn against it and highly recommend something called a "Thermostatic Sandwich Plate".

I'm guessing this only lets oil go to the cooler once a certain temp is achieved.... Not sure.

If that is true - that would eliminate the need to "duck tape"?

Trying to figure this out for myself too.

Here is a link to the Z1 Cooler: Z1 Motorsports 370Z/G37 Oil Cooler Kit
- At the bottom of there description they talk about the thermostatic plate.
I have the thermostatic plate. It never fully closes. It's design to let about 10% oil flow through. Once the oil starts to heat up. The plate will open to 100% at around 180F.

So if I'm driving in weather less then 50F. I will reach through the front bumper opening and place 2 or 3 strips of duct tape across the bottom rows of the cooler.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote