View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Joe@ZSpeed
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Nissan
Joe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny McLain View Post
I seriously doubt that if flushed well. Rubber is not going to deteriorate for the sake of deteriorating if properly cleaned. There was a pretty high rate of failure on factory CSC's and I'm sure if you tore a failed one apart, the O ring might very well be the culprit but that is not a apples to apples comparison.

Denny
I've torn lots of them apart, Over 50 actually and these are just the ones I received in one piece. A lot of them just break when the release bearing itself breaks off its plastic mount, That's if the seals lasted long enough for this to happen.

If you flushed it out with any kind of solvent you most likely got in on/in the release bearing also which will wash out the grease in it causing the bearing to lock up which spins the entire housing breaking/melting it off the front of the CSC.
Save yourself the trouble and NEVER reuse it, Unless of course you like tow trucks and pulling your trans for fun..

Phone 937-506-7224
E-Mail Sales@Zspeed.com

www.ZSPEED.com
Joe@ZSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote