View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
Looks moronic to me. I guess that's why we have opinions, so mine can be different from yours.

In most cars, "replace air filter" means pop hood, open air box, replace, close airbox, done. In here, it's popping off plastic crap, pulling back some lining, popping off the ECU, pulling off an oil filler line, and then access to the filter via bolts.

I'm not saying that's hard, it's just not seemingly as convenient. I'm sure it's not just the filter swap that is like that.
It's not convenient because it's a mid-engine roadster. Sacrifices need to be made. But either way it's not hard. Think of it like replacing/cleaning filters on a G3 or Injen intake... you have to pull the bumper off the Z to do that... whoopty doo.

and if you're lucky someone will be there to hold your nuts in his mouth.

LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote