View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindkiezer View Post
Should I fill it and sand it? Or let them do that since they're the "pros"?
I don't know what your skill level is. I filled and sanded mine. I smoothed it out to be good enough for paint but will tell the Bodyshop to touch it up if they think it needs it.

I'll tell you now, the a tube of speedgrip is ~$50 but the special caulking gun is ~$150. You might be able to find the stuff cheaper where you are. Evercoat makes the same kind of stuff that will work in a regular caulking gun. Both products are made for this situation and are not supposed to shrink or crack. Best bet is to find a autobody supply store and tell them what you're planning on doing. Or, pony up the $750 to have the Bodyshop do it all.