Thread: Mitco39's Build
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #56 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

I spent most of the afternoon out in the garage and finished installing the lowering springs in the rear as well as the sway bar and end links. I didnt take pictures of this but it looks exactly like it does in the DIY thread. All that went pretty smoothly.

The front struts were a bit more work to get out. I had a 2ft breaker bar on the lower strut bolt and struggled to break it free. I had to put all my weight into it and bounce on it to get it to come free. The spring compressor that Mark (Whee!) suggested worked great, I did take some pictures of this. It was very tight and just barely gave me enough compression, I had to put all my weight on the strut ontop of the spring compressor to get the nut on the end of the rod. But they are on! I am waiting for my SPC camper arms now to re-install the struts and finish up the front end.

Tomorrow I might start pulling the trunk apart and installing the rear-view camera and GT matting. I bought a small electric heater to heat the garage, it still probably will be a bit to cold for the matting. I was thinking I might put a sheet at a time in the oven at a very low temperature, it would soften it right up and allow me to mold it into the car. We'll see. haha
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote