Thread: Mitco39's Build
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
I would be all for buying the tools needed as well as beer . Do you need a table vice to do this? I would imagine it would make it significantly easier. I am still starting out my garage collection and have been buying tools left right and center, but there is always something I still need to buy. haha. The Joys of owning your first garage I guess.

Would this work do you think is it similar to the ones you used? They have a few different designs listed.

Strut Coil Spring Compressor | Princess Auto

http://images.palcdn.com/hlr-system/...20/2920186.jpg

These are the ones I used:

I might be able to borrow them from my buddy too. He has the GTM 1.5 Supercharger in his yellow 370Z. Cool guy and crazy build! His car has been in the garage for most of it's life...

I didn't use a vice, just held on to the sides while another guy operated the impact to remove and install. I did mine and Chinook's. An air powered impact would help, my cordless unit goes thru about 3-4 batteries to do a set!

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote