View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJoseph View Post
OK, so I understand that with an aftermarket exhaust on the Nismo, you sacrifice some of your low and mid range power for power in the higher rev band. Conversely, with the M370 intake manifold mod from Motordyne, it seems you gain in the low to mid range and lose a little top end.

Something tells me the two mods together don't necessarily offset the losses in a simple arithmetic type of way for an overall gain. Can anybody explain what to expect from the combination of two mods of this type either from a seat of the pants perspective or with dyno charts?

Further, I have high flow cats. At what point does this car have too LITTLE backpressure? If ever?

Thanks in advance.
saying it short and simple.

it all come down to optimizing the airflow capabilities of your mods.

bigger doesnt always mean better ,
doesnt mean its big and it will result in less restriction,

an exemple for this is your exhaust ,,,
too big of an exhaust, your airflow will slow down considerably before it leave the tailpipe. this also create backpressure
which you want to avoid as much as possible if you are staying N/A and want the most power in the higher powerband.

once you have a good flowing exhaust you have to find where is the bottle-neck. which will surely be on your intake side.