View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #1359 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
Changing them on my end would not be a big deal. However, I am not sure how the DE headers fit on a VHR engine, and if the flanges sit in the same location at the same angle. I would assume they do, since the same turbo cast manifolds are used on both platforms.

I would be able to check the fitmen on my own 350z as well, since everything on that end should be the same geometrically.
I think the collector flange sits in a slightly different location, that's why Z1 had to make special test pipes to reach the exhaust... I could be totally wrong, but it doesn't make sense why they'd have to make special TP's for them otherwise.

Edit: I can attest to the fact that 350z DE longtubes do fit our cars on a case by case basis though. At least the flanges are in the right spots. (The primaries themselves may interfere with other components though, the particular set we tested fit fine however)