View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baer383 View Post
I could use a grade 8 bolt but couldn't fine one plus the key word is slip,if it does slip the full weight isn't going to be on the bolt b/c the SPC nut will still be tight it is not going to come completely loose.
If it slips, it's going to do it on compression, and it's going to run all the way down to that bolt.

SPC owners need to chime in, but the photos I've seen, it ALWAYS ran down to the maximum negative value when they slip, and are stopped only by the bolt hitting the inside of its travel.

I think in a situation where hundreds of pounds are on one fastener, it's probably short sighted to think that once it's slipping, it's doing any real work any more. Just my opinion though.

Arms look great!