Thread: Megan Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #88 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousZ34 View Post
I checked out your dyno sheets that you posted and you gained 7hp from just boring out your TB's correct? Or was that combined with your ported manifold? My question is what other mods did you have on the car when you had it dynoed with JUST the ported TB's. I would just like to know the gains of those without any other mods. Also, is there any better throttle response from doing that, that you have noticed? Thanks for your replies
the gain of 7-9whp is with this
Custom straight flow exhaust w/ Xpipe
PPE step header
custom CAI (similar to the stillen V3)

but it was also seen when I had the stillen shorty + test pipe over a year ago.

the gain has been seen on both intake manifold
my first attemp to port the HR manifold was only to smooth the edge of inside the intake runner when they glue the base to the intake manifold.
the VHR was modified yesterday.

as far as throttle response , my answer would be it was unchanged.