View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
G37sHKS
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 G37S Coupe 7AT
G37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
That's nuts on a stock block haha. I have my MBC set to about 8-9 PSI, and on a daily basis my engine hardly sees 5 PSI (half throttle). Only times I have the need to max it out is for a few spirited tests or showing off to my friends with a test drive.

I'm more worried about spinning the bearings than snapping a rod. [shrugs]

I definitely won't bore the block, but to hone it and possibly run 96 mm pistons. That's it. Are the pins treated or coated in any fashion?

OK, I probably don't see the need for GTX turbos then. I wouldn't mind getting new/updated internals before re-installing, though.
Boring and honing is the same.. I would get 95.5 pistons and hone it a little bit for .045 Piston to wall clearance

As for pins.. yes Wiseco already offer upgraded pins for turbo cars, if I remember correctly it was $10 for upgrade per piece.. here the link. Automotive Accessories For Drag Racing, Sport Compacts & More. - Wiseco Piston Inc.
as you can see. there are different kind of pins..

Last edited by G37sHKS; 12-20-2012 at 01:32 PM.
G37sHKS is offline   Reply With Quote