View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nut_N_Much
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awesome Car
Nut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan370 View Post
ok so mike(anmvq) sent me his cog pulley set-up for my stillen kit
besides spacers is there anything else i need to do to get this on the car and working
and if anyone has pictures that would be cool to thxs

also if i get the uprev maf's will i be fine or do i still need to some how upgrade to larger intake piping
Hey brother,
What kit do you have? Why do you think you need bigger piping and UPREV MAFs. Will PM you on this one.

I got on of these at auto zone for 32.00 to pull the Stillen pulleys off. Just take your time and if they wont budge heat the face of the pulley up with a propane torch from home depot. Do not heat the shaft, you don;t want to damage the bearings, just want to unseeze the pulleys from the key.

Once you get them off you will reuse the Keys (Small Square Rod) with the Vortex Pulleys you have. Go to a hardware store and bring your the bolt that held the pulley on and get a longer one. 2.5 or 3 inch. You can use it to press the COGs on and use it as your new COG Drive pulley bolt.

Next: If you don't want to through belts you have to brace the 1/4 aluminum plate the SC is mounted to. It flexes under gas. We want to stop the flexing. These pics are from Osiris:

The gold hex rod is attached to the plate and to the firewall and is adjustable to enable you to get the belt to ride in the center of the pulleys.

This is what I will use as my adjustable rod, you can get it off any chopper site that sells springer brake parts.

I'll fab up a mounting plate and fire wall tabs to bolt it on..

Hope this helps, please let me know if you need more.. Ck out the photo album. Rep if you like..

Last edited by Nut_N_Much; 11-12-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Nut_N_Much is offline   Reply With Quote