View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlander View Post
But will this formula get me the requested 18 HP gain, and if not, why does it work for the Nismo Z? The dealer said the labor costs will run me around $150 which sounds fair. I'm surely not set up to install it myself. Sounds like the big unsolved mystery is the so called "ECU Tune" and what it actually consists of.
If you'd spend 5 minutes searching, you'd find plenty of dyno-proven results all over the place.

The short answer is yes, you'll pick up your 18 CRANK horsepower at least, more than likely. But I would NEVER even imagine of installing the silly Nismo exhaust for a "performance" gain. So many better options out there...