View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_ View Post
Your oil pump shattered with the NST pulley on. You might not think it caused it but it still makes me nervous.
if you would have followed my thread you would know the failling oil pump was not due to the lightweight puulley but from the VVEL that got broken first then debris went sucked up at the oil pump.

broken parts of about 1mm was found in the oil pump section (which doesnt belong to the oil pump material) and it show us that the oil pump lived far longer than the blown VVEL

once debris get stuck in the very very tight oil pump gear , it doesnt take much to break to it.

edit; and I still feel quite confident to put that same lightweight pulley back on.

Last edited by Megan370z; 10-21-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote