View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #60 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
This might be the rumored "smaller" Z. I can't imagine a Z with less power than the 370 for the next gen, no matter how light they make it. Smaller displacement turbo 6-cylinder is still my guess. Enthusiast that will buy this car will be surely disappointed if its less powerful. By the time the FRS/BRZ fad wears off, most will crave more hp again...heck they already do. A new, more "sports car" mustang is also on the horizon and I doubt ford would dare get rid of the V8.
I've said before that I wouldn't be surprised if Nissan decides to withdraw the Z from its current segment and reinvent it to compete with the FT86.

The 370Z has had a tough go as far as actual vs. projected sales numbers go. Given the future climate for fuel (high gas prices and high fleetwide average MPG requirements) I wouldn't be surprised if Nissan makes such a move... perhaps offering a NA 4 and a turbo 4 like we might see out of the BRZ.

Or perhaps they will keep the Z in its current segment but offer multiple engine configurations like Genesis, Mustang, Camaro, etc. I have my doubts about this, though.

As far as the V8 in the Mustang... it's not supposed to be going anywhere. Rumors for the next gen are a turbo 2.3L I4 and turbo 5.0 V8. All direct injected with mid-high 30mpg highway fuel econ.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote