Thread: Megan Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #63 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

I made 2 other threads in the Engine & Drivetrain about

More details on the blown VVEL engine on every page as more pictures was added
Blown VVEL !!!

and some finding on the 7AT Flex wheel (type of flywheel)
7AT Owner , look at this !

there has been quite a few possible projects, each of them were quite interessting.
- LSx
- VK56
- VQ35hr long rod engine
- OEM Vq35HR (7500rpm rev limit ! ) swap and keep the blown engine to rebuilt it later on with the proper mods

I got quite a few parts priced at, such as those nice big cam 310dur 13.7mm of lift
drysump which wasnt too too expensive after all, but quite over of my current budget.

the logical path that I think I should take would only get that ViPec V88 ECU and install only my spare HR engine as it is. (but slightly modified with baffled oil pan and some engine tweaking.)
my budget cant afford that 15k $ I need to get everything ready by June 2013.
then my idea is in 2014, where everything happens.

Uprev is good up to a certain point and Ive been shown and explained why. Even me having only an N/A engine setup it teached me that Uprev is soo basic that it isnt as good as people thinks. But its the only plug-in software that can easily be tuned on the 370z.