View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonT View Post
I believe the K&N and Mobil 1 are the same filter, but with one small difference. Unfortunetly I don't remember the difference anymore but I remember I'd rather use the Mobil 1 because of it.
Yes, K&N and Mobil-1 are the same filter with different labeling and paint. The only difference (aside from price) is the little removal nut that K&N welds on the top.

I've been running K&N HP-1010 for a long time now without issue, I think it's a pretty decent filter choice on this car. The 1010 is a slightly longer version of the 1008, which still fits in the car fine (even with an oil cooler sandwich plate under it) and gives you a little more filter surface area. M1, Purolator, and probably everyone else also makes the same sort of extra-long variant for cars, too, you just have to look up the part number (or run through their site and search by diameter and thread pitch, etc).