View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Tanabe exhaust and can't speak enough about the build quality, sound and looks. Granted my input is a bit skewed as I have HFC's and headers. If your going with Tanabe, be sure to pick up either their Y pipe or Motordynes XYZ Y pipe. The Tanabe Y pipe is sometimes very difficult to get. The really nice thing about the exhaust are that the canisters themselves are much smaller than others I've seen and the dual wall tips look great. The exhaust lined up perfectly to the rear bumper and mated to the Motordyne Y pipe as if it were made by the same company. You can see the pictures I have in my profile. I've yet to find an exhaust combination that completely reduces the rasp from the LTH's I have, and this is bar far the closest I've seen. I think if I replaced the HFC with a resonator, I would completely get rid of it. The exhaust will cost more than the Stillen one you looked at, but I guarantee this is much lighter, uses SUS304 stainless instead of T409, and it's unique enough that not everyone on the block has one. I bought it knowing it was quiet, and hoping it could tame the headers. It's doing a hell of a job.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote