View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
Good to Know! & Sorry you had to go thru that But again it's like you were driving like normal.

I'll keep that in mind to inspect if the trans gets dropped.

You're kidding right?

The transmission needs to be removed along with the torque converter to get a view of the flex-plate for cracks.
actualy its possible to look at the flywheel without having to drop the tranny..

there is a small cover plate in the middle at the bottom of the tranny , to have access to it you must remove the small alluminum plate that is right under it which is bolted by 4 allen screw if I remember correctly ( i removed that plate 2 year ago) but the one in bottom of the tranny is holded down by only a small 10mm bolt

once this is removed you can see the flywheel . the dealership has a tool to go there to block the flywheel from moving when removing the crank pulley bolt.

both of my flywheel had the same type of crack

Last edited by Megan370z; 09-22-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote