View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #50 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
there's cost. then there's cost... and cost and cost and cost and economy and you end up with the same engine used on G37's due to cost.

nakamura and french guy knows this. but they still decided to launch the 370Z with that engine so i am not sure why they are facepalming now. i think the car is brilliant for what it is.
They're facepalming cuz americans are the largest market. And generally,the american market likes to COPY or be copied. If another country does somethimg original? it sucks till america could do it better or that country can outperform a mustang for less money. Garbage mentality.

Show me an NA v6 that is as powerful and as fast as the VQ in america and i will mail that guy a box of milkbones.

what kills me is how the american market gets angry over the Z not being as fast as a GT. but the 3.7 v6 stang is its displacement rival. yet the Z is a few 10ths short of a mustang GT.

Everybody wants the Z to be the fastest on the bock. QUESTION? IF our Z was a 12.4 second car stock. It would cost almost as much as a M3. Would you guys buy it? hell naw. you'd be complaining the Z wasnt as HQ as a BMW. you guys would talk about the overpriced nissan like its a kia. The gtr suffers that now and its the fastest production car in the market.

there's nothing wrong ith the current Z except i still dont really understand vvel. And if that's why we supposedly have oil heating issues? Then maybe we don't need it?

Would i welcome a new and more capable V6 ONLY engine in the Z??? Hell yeah. FI? hell yesssssss. v8... fukk no. u want a f'in muscle car? buy one. i didn't buy the Z to compete or feel like a stang. you have the stang and the bimmer to perform like each other. leave the Z a cult car... love it or leave it and i"ll order the rhd from japan when they decide to chuck an american version.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote