Thread: 370z LS Swap
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #113 (permalink)
jpritche
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 RR, '14 IS250
jpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
FWIW, the bottom end on that one was NOT stock, it obviously had some work done. If I remember correctly it was all forged and he had a built 6.0 block. I think he even went E85, but I'm not sure.

However, with relatively minor mods, that motor can easily handle probably 600-700 WHP without issues and without going all forged.

Rod bolts, fuel pump, injectors/tune/fuel rail, LS2 intake manifold (or bigger probably), cam/valve springs/pushrods, and a good boosted setup would do him fine. That, or ridiculous spray, but I never was a huge fan of spray in the end.
I agree that spray isn't the best way to go. I just could not imagine 1011hp in ANY vehicle.

600-700 on a stock block is what makes these motors, wether it be the lsx or lqx, so sought after. They are fairly light and can handle a lot of power, and not to mention fairly cheap.
jpritche is offline   Reply With Quote